martes, 25 de agosto de 2009

MY PRESENTATION.

1. My name is Marcela Quero, I´m studying anthropology at the faculty of social science.
2. My presentation for October will focus on a topic that is contentious in Chile: education in public university.
3. I'm interested in this subject because I believe that education in public university currently faces great challenges and tensions in the coming months. First, because now it is facing a general and specialized university reform, and secondly because the process is or constitutes a new policy for these universities.
4. My presentation will consist of two parts. The first attempt to problematize what is meant collectively as a public university. The elements for this discussion will treat the proposed new treatment of the state, along with the history of university reform from Europe. The second part is more ethnographic themes. I will discuss how they see education students who are currently in the Faculty of Social Sciences. This will interview and observe classes.
5. The relevance of this research is extremely important because, there will come a series of tensions and problems in public education. The university needs to further research. Also, the investigation will help students to prepare for the change, and also to initiate a line of research on university education.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario